Hand Surgery by Mr Mark Gittos – Plastic Surgeon in London United Kingdom
Broadly speaking Plastic Surgery for the Hand or wrist may be considered in two groups: Elective which is surgery arranged in advance or Acute – emergency and trauma surgery
Elective Hand Surgery
Elective surgery makes up the bulk of our hand procedures in the clinic and commonly includes
- Carpal Tunnel Decompression
- Dupuytren’s Contracture Release
- Trigger Finger Surgery
- De Quervains Tenosynovitis – Tendon Sheath Release
- Hand Tendon Repair – Tendon Grafting
- Hand Tumour or Ganglion Removal
- Nerve Compression Syndromes – Cubital Tunnel and Radial Tunnel Syndromes
- Finger Joint Stabilisation for Arthritis – Finger Joint Fusion and Finger Joint Replacement Surgery
Acute Hand Trauma Surgery:
- includes the repair of soft tissue wounds, burn management, abscess drainage, foreign body removal, fracture management, tendon-nerve-blood vessel repair.
- Acute Surgery is typically done in Emergency Departments at Public Hospitals.
Mr Gittos has developed a wealth of knowledge, experience and skill in the complex field of hand surgery.
Working closely with hand therapists and other professionals, our aims are clear: to restore function and wherever possible, to enhance appearance as well.
Medical References for Further reading
Finding a Hand Surgeon in London
For many men & women in United Kingdom suffering from Hand pain – having a hand procedure is a life-changing experience. There are many qualified hand experts and plastic surgeons, but it is always best to find one who is experienced in hand procedures. Find an experienced surgeon who you feel comfortable with and have a look at their online reviews to find out what their past patients say.
Why Choose Mr Mark Gittos – London Plastic Surgeon?
With a wealth of surgical experience and training, Mr Gittos is dedicated to best-practice patient care and education, customising Hand Procedures for each and every patient to best meet their needs and desired surgical outcomes. Mr Gittos has a current FRACS membership and significant hand surgery experience.
About Mr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – London Plastic Surgeons
Practice locations in London & Essex, UK and Auckland, New Zealand.
With world-wide expertise Mr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Mr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in London UK and Auckland New Zealand. His practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download the Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call in London on 0845 838 6337 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with Mr Gittos by paying the Consultation Fee
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.